Soc. Agricola Cerri Pietro, Rinaldo e figli
Farm: Soc. Agricola Cerri Pietro, Rinaldo e figli
Location: Secugnago (LO), Italy
Herd size: 300 dairy cows and 300 heifers
- Increase the rate of heat detection
- Detect heats with reliability
- Avoid re-insemination during the same heat
- Reduce the costs of inducing heat
- SCR Heatime® H LD System with a radio-frequency antenna
- Acceleration of the reproductive cycle
- Increase in inseminations
- Optimization of semen
- Improved fertility rate
- Elimination of synchronization
- Reduction in the time spent by staff on the identification of heat
In May 2013, Soc. Agricola Cerri Pietro, Rinaldo e figli began using the Heatime® H System with a radio frequency anenna with the heat detection function. The system is used for its heifers.
"We decided to adopt an electronic control system because our heifers were moved to a different structure and thus we missed many heats,"
says Maria Cerri, Assistant at Soc. Agricola Cerri Pietro, Rinaldo e figli.
Learning to use the system was very quick and easy. "It is easy to use and to install, all you need is a 220V power socket. No additional software is necessary," continues Cerri.
Soc. Agricola Cerri Pietro, Rinaldo e figli chose the solution offered by SCR because, in comparison to other competing electronic control devices, it is easier to manage the farm's heifers.
Thanks to SCR Heatime® H LD, the farmers are now able to detect heats, even while they are away, and the heifers that end up diagnosed are impregnated in more than 90% of the cases. The dairy farm no longer resorts to injections to induce heats and, with a reduced investment cost, it has sped up the reproductive cycle of its heifer