Farm: Cascina Fornelli
Location: Secugnago (LO), Italy
Herd size: 210 cows, 180 of which are milking
- Increase the profitability of the farm
- Decrease lost heats
- Increase the rate of heat detection
- Reduce the costs of inducing heat
- SCR Heatime® H LD System with a radio-frequency antenna
for heat detection
- Detection of the optimum moment for insemination
- Increase in inseminations
- Reduction in heat induction costs
- Increase in farm profitability
In January 2013, Cascina Fornelli installed the SCR Heatime® H System on its cows.
It was interested in the integration of electronic control panels on its farm in order to increase profitability and reduce heat losses.
Cascina Fornelli chose the SCR solution for the system's unique, innovative technology and its good cost-value relationship, compared to the competition. Cascina Fornelli was also impressed by the system's simplicity of installation and ease-of-use.
While in the past, the farm was relying solely on visual cues, from the time it began using the SCR Heatime® H LD System, it was able to precisely identify the best moment for artificial insemination, thereby increasing pregnancy rates.
"Thanks to SCR Heatime® H LD, we have reduced the cost of induced heats and increased the number of fertilizations," says Luigi Madonini, Owner of Cascina Fornelli.